Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Juice Feast Begins!!

(I actually posted this yesterday on Give it to me Raw, and have copied it here)

Today's juice:

First I made 2Q of green juice which I divided between my 4 quart jars of juice. This was a mixture of red russian kale, romaine, spinach, chickweed, rapini, a few varieties I got at the farmers market and can't remember the names of.

2Q of above listed greens plus 2 pears, 4 navels, 1 apple, 1/2 head celery, 1 cucumber

2Q of above listed greens plus 2 carrots, 1 beet, 2 stems green garlic, 2 lemons, 1/2 apple, 1/2 head celery

The juicing project took about an hour and a half. I used the juicer for the greens and the vitamix for everything else. I mistakenly thought the plan was 2Q greens, and not 2# greens, so I probably did more greens than necessary- though it all tastes sweet enough for me to enjoy.

I have not had any water yet today.

It's 11:45am right now and I am 1/4 way through my second juice.

I have to go to work to see a client this afternoon, and otherwise I get to be home. I plan to do a little reading on the juice feasting website.

Right now I feel pretty excited and hopeful about this experience. Just as I wrote that I looked over and saw a packet of nori sheets and thought...wow, that looks good, maybe I'll have one. Ha!

This should be a really interesting experiment/experience/cleanse.

I will write more later about some of my goals, feelings, etc.

No comments: